Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Roger Laubengayer - Head Trainer

Here is a little information about my background and qualifications.

I am the proud owner of Crossfit Topeka and a certified CrossFit Level 1 Trainer. I'm also a Level 1 Sports Performance Coach through USA Weightlifting and have been certified in CrossFit Nutrition and CrossFit Mobility&Flexibility. I enjoy working with clients of all ages and levels of ability to become healthier and live more active lives. I have a special interest in working with families. We have found that by getting several members of a family working out together helps to not only improve their health but also helps to build family unity and communication.

My own sports and fitness background is quite varied. I was an All-State football player and wrestler at Ellsworth High School. After high school, I went to Coffeyville Community College to play football and then on to Occidental College in Los Angeles where I was honored by being twice named a Division III All-American. After college, I earned a black belt in Hapkido and have done some Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I have also run 4 marathons with a personal best of (3:16). Giving back to the community is also very important to me and led me to coaching varsity football and track as well as kids wrestling.

Prior to opening CrossFit Topeka, I was an English teacher for over 20 years having taught in South Korea, Guatemala, California, and in the Middle East. I hold two Master's degrees one in teaching and the other in educational leadership. However, without a doubt my proudest accomplishments in life have been as a father and husband.